Home | Diseases | Metabolic Syndrome Management Programs
Metabolic syndrome management programs have everyone talking because of the widespread nature of this relatively new health condition. Metabolic syndrome is a combination of medical disorders that, when occurring together, increase the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
Advanced TeleHealth Solutions’ metabolic syndrome management programs support patients with home diagnostics for monitoring of their disease, but, more important, management, prevention, and lifestyle changes advised by our team of medical professionals. Our program has seen significant improvement for patient populations and includes:
- An ehealth device in the home
- Daily monitoring of vital signs
- Individualized coaching
- Timely education
- Medication compliance
- A specialized clinical team trained in chronic disease management
Who Is at Risk?
The risks of developing metabolic syndrome also increase with age. Those most at risk have central obesity with any two of the following:
- Elevated triglycerides > 150 mg/dl
- Elevated b/p > 130/85
- Reduced HDL cholesterol < 40 mg/dl
- Elevated fasting blood glucose > 100
One of the most effective ways of managing metabolic syndrome is through proactive ehealth metabolic syndrome management programs. Telemonitoring can support the treatment of both the individual diseases and the overall condition. Through education, coaching, and medical monitoring, Advanced TeleHealth Solutions can work with employees, patients, and the at-risk population to manage and prevent health issues related to metabolic syndrome.
Advanced TeleHealth Solutions’ metabolic syndrome management programs support patients with home diagnostics for monitoring of their disease, while also offering timely advice and counsel to patients suffering from this disease in an effort to promote lifestyle changes that will help prevent healthcare problems later on.
Results From Metabolic Syndrome Management Programs
- 89% of participants completed 13 weeks of the program
- 70% of participants completed 26 weeks of the program
- 81% of participants that completed the program lost weight
- 37% of the participants lost >5% of their body weight
- 32% of the participants increased their HDL
- After 26 weeks, 68% of the ending participants requested to continue on the program
- 48% of the participants improved their glucose level
Who Would Benefit?
Participants would benefit from our metabolic syndrome management programs if they:
- Are 30 lbs. or more overweight
- Have a sedentary lifestyle
- Have diabetes
Interested in participating or learning more about our metabolic syndrome management programs? Call 888-812-0888 or contact us here.