Home | Solutions | URAC-Accredited Health Call Center
The transition from a hospital or care facility to home is a risky time for many patients, often leading to readmission within the first 30 days of discharge. Advanced TeleHealth Solutions’ URAC-accredited health call center helps healthcare systems, home health agencies, and other healthcare providers monitor patients during this precarious time to ensure they understand their diagnosis and are adhering to their prescribed plan of care.
What Our Health Call Center Staff Provides
- Customized patient follow-up and follow-through with IVR surveying
- Comprehensive telemonitoring assessment
- Relationship building with the patient, the patient’s family, and the providers involved in the plan of care
- Behavior change theory and motivational interviewing
Benefits of a URAC-Accredited Health Call Center
A URAC-accredited health call center:
- Has defined policies and procedures that allow it to quickly and effectively respond to the health concerns of their patients.
- Provides around-the-clock access to licensed registered nurses every day of the year.
- Uses established clinical guidelines and pathways to ensure that the healthcare advice they provide is not only consistent, but also up to date.
- Establishes and adheres to defined URAC-accredited health call center benchmarks for service level standards, which ensure that their patients receive responses to their healthcare issues in a timely fashion.
- Adheres to strict quality protocols and standards, which ensures an optimal patient experience.
Receiving accreditation as a URAC-accredited health call center requires that validly licensed individuals – whether physicians, registered nurses, or other caregivers – perform medically appropriate clinical healthcare triage and provide health information and treatment advice in a manner that is both timely and confidential.
Healthcare facilities across the country are successfully using our URAC-accredited health call center services to cut costs, reduce readmissions, and increase patient satisfaction. Contact us today to learn how to put Advanced TeleHealth Solutions to work for you.
What is URAC?
URAC was originally known as the Utilization Review Accreditation Commission, but shortened its name in 1996 to the acronym when it began accrediting other types of organizations such as health plans, pharmacies, and provider organizations. For three decades, URAC has advanced and promoted healthcare quality through education, measurement, and accreditation. In addition, URAC provides benchmarking products that are in lockstep with the latest changes in healthcare. The URAC seal is a symbol of excellence for organizations that earn it, as it demonstrates a commitment to accountability and quality. URAC engages a broad range of stakeholders to develop its evidence-based measures and standards. What started as a single accreditation for utilization review (UR) services, URAC now offers more than 30 accreditation and certification programs – including a URAC health call center accreditation.
From its beginnings in the late 1980s, URAC believed that it would not be accepted by consumers, healthcare providers, and – ultimately – regulators if it were controlled by industry interests. To thwart this from happening, the founding members set up the organization as an independent agency not tied to any particular stakeholder group. In addition, board composition was created to include representatives from all stakeholder groups, including providers, industry experts, consumers, regulators, and employers.
Today, URAC is among the fastest-growing healthcare accreditation agencies globally. To ensure that all stakeholders are protected, it will continue to promote national healthcare standards while revising existing standards and developing new ones, as needed.
If you have any concerns or we are not meeting your expectations, please contact us at 888-812-0888. If the concerns are still not addressed to your satisfaction, you may contact URAC via their website: https://www.urac.org/about-urac/filing-a-complaint/submitting-a-complaint/